Repair Café - This event has already occurred
Saturday, January 27, 2018 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
438 Park Ave. Newmarket, Ontario, Canada L3Y 1W1
View on Google Maps
Multi-purpose room (ground level)
How does a Repair Café Work?
Got a broken lamp or toaster you would like to revive? Is your favourite shirt relegated to the back of the closet because you don’t have the time to mend it? Then a Repair Café is the answer for you! A Repair Café brings together people with items to repair and volunteer fixers willing to share their skills and tools. Everything needed for the repairs are provided by NewMakeIt for free! All you need to do is show up with your broken items.
Repair Cafés inspire people to repair items as an alternative to just throwing them away. NewMakeIt is working with the Regional Municipality of York and Newmarket Public Library to host this Repair Cafés. Repair Cafés are a great fit for NewMakeIt's skilled fixers and tools and Newmarket Public Library is happy to provide the space. NewMakeIt and the library also have a keen interest in promoting innovative opportunities to repair and repurpose items within our community. York Region has identified these events as an opportunity to promote waste reduction and repair, in line with its SM4RT Living Waste Management Plan.
Anyone and everyone! can participate in a Repair Café?
Items that are broken, easy to move and transport, and have a good chance of getting properly repaired are welcome.
Generally items that are commonly repaired include:
- small electrical appliances
Are you handy?
Are you the person everyone comes to with broken items? We need your help too. To volunteer as a fixer please contact Derrol Salmon (email@example.com).
Newmarket Public Library
438 Park Avenue, Newmarket
Saturday January 27th, 2018, 10 am to 1 pm.
- The work carried out in the Repair Café is free of charge on a voluntary basis by the fixers at hand.
- Visitors offering broken items for repair do so at their own risk. Experts making repairs offer no guarantee for the repairs carried out with their help and are not liable if objects that are repaired in the Repair Café turn out not to work properly at home.
- Fixers are entitled to refuse to repair certain objects at their own discretion.
- Fixers are not obliged to reassemble disassembled appliances that cannot be repaired.
- Visitors to the Repair Café are solely responsible for the tidy removal of broken objects that could not be repaired.
- New parts or materials required for a repair shall be provided by the visitor.
- Maker Hub
Find Parking Near the Library:
Visit our Locations and Hours page for detailed Parking information.
Proin gravida nibh vel velit auctor aliquet. Aenean sollicitudin, lorem quis bibendum auctor, nisi elit consequat ipsum. Proin condimentum fermentum nunc.