Living a Healthy Life with a Chronic Condition - Online Series
Wednesday, January 26, 2022 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Upcoming Dates:Wednesday, February 2, 2022 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 9, 2022 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 16, 2022 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, February 23, 2022 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 2, 2022 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Room or location:
Getting the most out of life when you live with chronic conditions means better managing your health, your emotions and your daily activities. Join us online each week for 6 weeks to learn new tools and strategies to break the "cycle of symptoms". This internationally recognized program, developed by Stanford Patient Education and Research Centre, and delivered by Healthy Living Now, is for people with a chronic health condition (such as arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure) and their caregivers, support persons and family members. We will cover:
- Goal setting and problem solving
- Managing difficult emotions such as frustration and fear
- Coping with pain and fatigue
- Exercise and nutrition guidelines
- Appropriate medication use
- Getting a good night's sleep
- Effective communication strategies
- Making informed treatment decisions
- Symptom management (relaxation, self-talk, positive thinking)
- Developing a positive partnership with your health care professionals
A free copy of the program book is provided to those who register (to pickup).
Zoom information will be provided to those who register.
Visit our Locations and Hours page for parking locations by the library.
- Living a Healthy Life Condition Series